1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

String suggestion Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass V

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by kenkaj, Mar 15, 2009.

1. kenkaj

kenkaj

May 22, 2007
    Just purchased a Squier Jazz v and was wondering what strings you could recommend.At the moment it has the stock strings which seem ok for stock but the B string seems floppy.
    I would hate to buy another set and have the same problem.I usually use TI flats, but because of their string tension being lower than most flats i am reluctant to buy their 5 string set. Any ideas? Bass is tremendous value for the price by the way!:)

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I liked the ones they came with. They lasted a really long time, and I didn't have your B string experience. I replaced them with a set of DR black coated strings (forget which ones they exactly are) and oddly enough wound up with B string problems. I think quality control on all strings leaves a lot to be desired. The Fender B was clear, tight and defined - the DR string dull, lower in volume and a lot less defined.

The stock strings are Fender Super 7350-5M Stainless Steel (.045 to .125). Last time I tried to find them they didn't exist though, and I had to buy a 4 string set with an added B. Might want to just try replacing the B on yours. www.juststrings.com

PS. Switched to them stock fender strings on my other basses and I'm very happy about it. Used to use DaDarrios.

3. kenkaj

kenkaj

May 22, 2007
    After reading sundogue's D'addario chrome thread i went out and bought the five string set.
    Back to flats. Floppy B banished. Life is good.:hyper:

4. portmanteau

portmanteau

Nov 16, 2008
    Palo Alto, CA
    I had D'addario rounds on my MIA Jazz fiver when I first bought it. Same problem as you; floppy B string.

Switching to DR Lo-riders fixed my floppy B string problem.