Stringjoy announces Ranger series - Stainless Steel

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Koldunya, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Koldunya

Koldunya

Dec 26, 2021
    USA
  2. GTHintz

GTHintz

Jan 9, 2018
    California
    I see 5 and 6 string sets. I wonder if they are any different than the regular stringjoy sets. I'm also curious if they are going to be like pro steels and scooped in the mids or more full in the mids. Hopefully it's the latter then I'll want to try them. I do like how those guys take old strings and recycle them as well as give them to the Strings For Hope charity down the road in Nashville. That's a really cool thing and an awesome cause.

BrentSimons, dagrev and tindrum like this.
  3. markanini

markanini

Jun 25, 2008
    My pro steel set doesn't sound scooped to me, if anything they sound (boringly) neutral, just pass on what my fingers and my signal chain is contributing.

BrentSimons and GTHintz like this.
  4. No short scale. Oh well.

5. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    I'm happy with my strings, but was very interested when I got an email from them announcing the new steels strings. Stringjoy makes nice strings. Awaiting a review!

BrentSimons and Koldunya like this.
  6. GTHintz

GTHintz

Jan 9, 2018
    California
    To me they didn't quite have the grind in the mids I'm used to. But anyway the stringjoy website says these are supposed to have a character similar to nickel so that's probably going to mean stronger mids overall. I wonder if they will sound similar to Sadowsky blue label stainless then. Those are very nickel esque. I liked them when I tried them. I wish they were cheaper.

BrentSimons likes this.
  7. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Can’t wait to try them. I got hooked on Stringjoy guitar and baritone strings and finally tried a set of their bass rounds. I happen to like steels when I use rounds. I’ll definitely order a set.

BrentSimons, tindrum and GTHintz like this.
  8. markanini

markanini

Jun 25, 2008
    If a sound is grindy I can guarantee some mid-mids have been cut to make the upper mids come through more.

dagrev, BrentSimons and GTHintz like this.
  9. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I use StringJoy strings on most of my basses, but I have one that sounds best with a bright SS string which StringJoy has never had available. Very glad to see this and I'll be ordering a set right now.

BrentSimons and tindrum like this.
  10. 80jazz

80jazz

Jun 28, 2008
    Kansas
    Here's to hoping these sell well enough to justify lighter gauges.