1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strings identification

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lstelie, Feb 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. lstelie

lstelie Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Paris France
    Hello,

I usually use on my Precision Fender 9050L flats. They sound great on the Precision. They have a Green cotton on the tuners and and no color on the balls at the end (like the D'Addario have).

I just bought a used Am Std Jazz Bass equiped with a set of flat round strings with a red color on the top , no color for the balls at the end, they are golden.

The seller doesn't remember the brand of these strings.

These strings are brighter than the Fender and sound quite good on the Jazz, I'm looking for the brand if it's possible to identify them based only on these points :

- Flats
    - Red fabric on the tuner end
    - golden balls end

Thanks in advance

strings_red_jazz.

2. Looks like Thomastik-Infeld to me. If not that then La Bella.

3. Could they be Rotosound? You say they're brighter than the Fender 9050, right?

Here's a post from another thread:

4. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    TI's and Roto 77's both have red silk at the ball end...

5. lstelie

lstelie Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Paris France
    Thanks every body !!!!

6. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Probably La Bella 760FL (Light .043 .060 .082 .104).

7. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    That's what I was thinking. No silks at the ball ends and the twisty tuner ends.

8. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    They are Labella 760FL. Not TIs. The labellas have no silk on ball ends.

9. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    No, not Roto 77s. That is what I use. They have color coded ball ends. E & G are Red. And either A is Blue and D is White or A is White and D is Blue. Can't remember right now.

10. BigThud

BigThud

Jun 22, 2015
    Belgium
    These strings ARE Rotosound 77 Flats. The coloured ball-ends is a new thing. Got a set of Roto Flats, they have the same look, same silk colour, and the same windings (Rotosound are the roughest flats I've tried).

LaBella 760FL are smooth and mirror-polished and the silk is a tad orange.

TI ? No, unless they feel really flexible and low tension.

11. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    TI have silk at ball ends as well as tuner ends. As I read the OP, his strings only have silks at tuner ends.

12. I tend to agree with this. The silk looks more like "fuschia" red than the red on either the TI or the La Bella. Plus, the way the winding has noticeable gaps in between.

This is also correct. Besides, the silk on the La Bella don't line up as neatly across the four strings as the ones in the photo.

[​IMG]