Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stuart Zender Vids???

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Sep 16, 2005.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    ok,

sure, i'm a Dominic D nut, think Matt G should be on the back of the dollar bill, and can even appreciate the craziness of a Jonas Hellborg disc, but i'm still a sucker for that old school Stu groovin'.

was listening to "Space Clav" the other day, which made me download a stray Stu/Jamiro vid of them backing Diana Ross, covering "Upside Down", which was UNREAL. his lines literally weaved all over. had an almost gospel feel!

so, anyone have any Stu live vids they wanna share? :cool: :bassist:

2. I'd love to see some vids of Zender too :cool:

3. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    These aren't specifically Zender videos, but check them out, they are pretty cool: http://www.mtey.com/

4. :eek:

You're my hero :hyper:

5. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    +1. I have been looking for a site like this for a while. Thanks, Superdave!

6. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Superdave, #1! I hope everyone gets that joke :)

7. Man... nice work Superdave!! Zender has some of the best grooves around, he's so great... Funkay :cool:

8. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    No problem, glad to help; there are also some good bootlegs on that site too, so look into that too.

9. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    What ever happened to that Stu Zender site a while back?
    THey had some pretty good stuff there.

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    omg,

i nearly had a heart attack when i saw these!!!! *** man?!?!? where have you been?

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

11. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    if you can,, try to find "The Return of the Space Cowboy" music video. It's a much better version than the CD and Zender goes off!!! I had it on Kazaa years ago. Another good one is the SNL performances he did, but I can't quite remember the episode.

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    dunno what's going on, but the site isnt working anymore..

pretty much got all the live video boots up until Traveling. and yea, that SNL spot w/ "Alright" is pretty kickin'.

13. sethlow3

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    That sucks because this is the 1st time I have heard of the site. Has anyone checked out the new book by Simon Merrick? I am curious if the transcriptions are correct.

Everytime someone asks me to name my favorite bass player, the answer is always Stu Zender.

14. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    try to get hold of jamiroquai phoenix concert 97. whole set, zender gets a cool slap solo in emergency on planet earth and is generally just a funky beast on every track!

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    already got it... :p

and yea, it rocks. :cool:

btw, the site's back up. :)

16. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    http://www.stuartzender.co.uk, there are some samples of Stu's new project on there; Leroi.

It's kind of like a laid back rock thing; it's not a funk/dance band, but I dig it..

17. sethlow3

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    site is back up

F%#@ yeah!!!!!!!

18. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Where is this available? Stu's the friggin' man. . .

Also, the mtey live videos seem to be gone. Anyone know where else I can check these out?

Thanks boys. . .

19. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    im a big zender fan, thanks for showing us this site!!!

20. Not long ago I had a video shot for Italian TV from 1993 of them somewhere in Italy... Full concert pretty good quality. It was great stuff, back when they were still doing several cover songs per gig, and Stu has a nice little bass solo towards the end where he does his best Mark King impression :) If I can dig it up i'll upload it for you guys...

John