1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

STUNNING Fodera Garrison 5 (Trade Feeler)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joelc73, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    This is absolutely only a feeler and, in all likelihood, I probably won't find what I'm looking for -- in which case I will not part with this.

I have what may be one of the most sought after Fodera 5's. It's a Garrison 5 that was featured on their website for quite a while in the mid to late 90's. It was also on their Garrison sub page for a long time. Those of you who have been collecting Foderas (or at least browsing their webpage) for a number of years will undoubtedly remember this one.

It's the buckeye bass that I believe launched the buckeye craze. Many guys (myself included) went crazy trying to capture a similar vibe with other tops -- but this one is really hard to beat.

In any case, I've moved primarily to 34" scale basses these days. If anyone has a comparable 34" singlecut Fodera (and I'm very firm and selective on this), please let me know. I'm particularly interested in Chestnut basses.

This bass is absolutely dead mint. Vinnie refinished the entire bass for me about two-three years ago and it has never left the house since.

• 35" scale
    • Exhibition grade buckeye top
    • Ebony board
    • Red Alder body

[​IMG]

PLEASE do not email me with offers to buy this. I will not sell outright. Also, do not PM me with other offers besides really, really nice 34" singlecut Foderas. I don't mean to be a jerk but, in the interest of my own time, I won't respond to other offers -- Please don't take it personally.

Thanks,
    JC

2. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    ¬°Ay dios mio!

3. OMFG. I want this bass but I cannot satisfy your demands! :bawl:

4. chris lykins

chris lykins Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    phoenix az
    I have a F bass that I got from your shop that has almost that exact top, now I know its inspiration. Beautiful bass!

5. Amazing... Beautiful bass!

6. Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Chris, I know exactly the F-bass you're talking about. That was a great bass -- very pretty.

7. flypejose

flypejose

Sep 2, 2009
    Maryland
    That is an excellent collector item. Certainly plays well too! the lighter part of the buckeye really has the shape of the emperor butterfly!!!

8. Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Bump

9. Laklandlover

Laklandlover Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA BABY
    Man I wish I had something worthy of a trade! the gas is making me sick!

10. Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Bump

11. Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Bump. Still looking...

12. jorgera

jorgera Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Boston
    Endorsing M.Laghus Custom Bass
    JC here we go. le'ts talk.
    IMG_1346.

IMG_1347.

IMG_1349.

13. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    *faints*

14. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Piermont, New York
    beautiful.

15. Saekim

Saekim

Dec 14, 2010
    boston, MA
    with alembic excel 5 strings?........ bump.........
    thats...... my hope..

16. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    My old bass!!! I miss that thing. Joel, if you go through with the trade, please hit me up. I would love to get that thing back.

17. Ivan M

Ivan M

Aug 2, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    This is DROP DEAD gorgeous....Bump for another dream bass of mine, i mean WOW how can something be so beautiful.

18. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    seeing basses like these offered up in threads like this is something like watching zeus hurling thunderbolts from cloud to cloud. And here's me, barely playing with matches.

19. Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Believe me, I totally get that. I fully appreciate that I am a lucky guy. More so for my family and health -- but I realize I do have some cool bass gear too!

20. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    +1

Gratefulness covers a lot of territory