Stupid Intonation!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Worshiper, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    I was just looking at my p-style bass and I realized that I didn't like how hight the action was so I lowered it. However, in doing so I had to adjust the intonation. I forgot how frustrating it is! Does anyone have nay tips or tricks for it? I never have a problem with the g or d strings, but the a and e will not be in tune at the 12th fret.

please... please, please, please... if anyone has any tips to help me, let me know.
  2. I don't see how it would be any harder for individual strings unless the bridge is damaged somehow. Does it just not adjust far enough? If that's the case, maybe you need to shim the neck?
  3. Steve

Aug 10, 2001 have to make a pretty significant change in the height of the strings before you run into intonation issues....

In that may have changed the witness point of the string at the saddle enough that you will need to use a fresh set of strings. need a GOOD tuner. Like a peterson..or some other strobe tuner..or a Korg with a strob tuning mode....I have yet to meet the guy that can intonate a bass by ear. I know I can't. I can get close but....if I make a big change...nope.