1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Subway D800 Head and Cab(s) owners. Tonal opposite stack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deak, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Deak

Deak

Feb 28, 2016
    Kansas
    I have the D800 using headphones until the back ordered :nailbiting: (2) 1x15's arrive. I've always been married to that 2x15 feel and thick rich deep sound (to me). I fully expect to be more than thrilled and satisfied with the set up.

That said, I wonder what would TB Subway users think would be the "tonal" polar opposite set up (1 amp head and two matching "made for" cabs) This is you at the equator of sound. Mesa to the north and "Blank" to the south. All dialed in at noon. Just the inherent tone.

No good or bad here, just what fills in the blank for you and why. And do you have a polar opposite that you actually own and "go to" when needed?

I'm trying to broaden my personal sound preferences and would like the gear input/tone feels from your personal experience.

No ones answer matters but yours. :)
    (Unless of course you attend Unseen University, then you could end up loosing your shoes.)

Ellery likes this.
  2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Orange?

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Firstly, you won't be disappointed with the Subway 15. It's so deep, rich, and clear. I've never heard a cab like the Subway 115. I plan to add a second one in the future.

As far as something that is tonally opposite, probably a GK. They have a lot of gank in the high mids and are very bright with a lighter bottom end.

Ellery likes this.
  4. Deak

Deak

Feb 28, 2016
    Kansas
    Thanks! Exactly what I was hoping to hear from TB'ers.