1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Summit Audio TLA-50

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gabezylo, Apr 13, 2010.

1. gabezylo

gabezylo

Mar 16, 2010
    So im thinking of buying a summit audio TLA_50
    it works great on bass, but it is a tube leveling amplifier, and mainly a compressor.
    Would this be fine- just this amp and a cab to play live? would i be enough?

2. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Not exactly sure on your question - you intending to use it as a "stomp box" or as a front-end/preamp into a power amp? I have used mine in the studio, never played live with it. I love it as it a gentle compressor. I run it at fairly low ratio (2:1 or 3:1) and it gives a nice warm round tone. In the studio I usually used a Summit TD-100 preamp into the TLA-50, then direct into the board.

3. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

Dec 28, 2004
    Germany, EU
    :eek: nobody will be able to hear you... :crying: ... the TLA has no power amp section to drive a speaker cab... :meh:

in order to make this work, combine the TD100 with the TLA50 in rack space and add a nice power amp to go from
    :bawl: to :confused: to :bassist: to :D

:p :bag: :D

4. gabezylo

gabezylo

Mar 16, 2010
    thanks guys