1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sunn Coliseum

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeyZ, May 8, 2010.

1. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    So, This dude wants to Sell me a 300 watt Sunn Coliseum for $200?
    Is that a good deal..
    I owned one and got it from Music Go Round for $189 like four years ago, and I'm wondering if the value on these had gone up or what?

[​IMG]
    this one exactly....Well not THIS one but one just like it..

2. If it's fully functional, I'd call that a good deal. I rocked a Thumb BO-4 through one into a Peavey 2x15(the deeper one), often using the cheap-but-bongomania-approved DOD Milkbox comp- big, schtanky sweetness.

3. epic!

epic!

Jan 16, 2010
    just sold one for $300! id say thats a pretty good deal

4. $175 - $300 seems about right.Good amp,I played one for about 10 years.

5. ZiggyDude

ZiggyDude

Jun 8, 2005
    Do not buy it unless you are going to use it for at least a while.

6. BenGrim

BenGrim

Feb 3, 2010
    Bellingham, WA
    They've gone up quite a bit in the pat three or four years (mostly due to the band Sunn O))) becoming popular). At this point in time $200 is an amazing price for one that works well. I seriously wish I could find one for that price.

7. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    Now all you will need is a pair of 215 matching cabs. This was one of my dream amps for many years.

A few years ago a complete setup, dual cab stack showed up at the local music store for sale. It looked like it had been sitting in the guy's living room for 25 years.

I should have bought that sucker. It still had the NEW TAGS on it. They wanted like $1500 or 1800 for it.

BOB

8. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    $200 is great for a Coliseum 300.

I paid $300 for mine last june.

But yes, the value on these has gone up.

Due the whole - "its vintage, its good!!!11" trend.

9. TheEnthBass

TheEnthBass

Apr 9, 2010
    Connecticut
    I have a Sunn Concert Bass I think it's 400w in storage at the moment. Great amp but I blew something out on it and havent had the $ to get it to someone less stupid than me to look at it. That seems like a great deal, mine is tons of fun to play great old sound! I dont know anything about the resale value on those things but any amp with a cool tone and plenty of power for $200 is a damn fine deal in my opinion.

10. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    You owned one, just remember it's 300 watts at 2ohms. I owned one-it sounded great, but felt kinda underpowered.

11. epic!

epic!

Jan 16, 2010
    thats why i sold mine. i have a 2 ohm cab and with the volume buried it still wasnt loud enough