1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sunn concert amp 250watts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by generation land, Feb 16, 2008.

1. generation land

generation land

Dec 9, 2007
    Any one know if this is a good buy. Sunn Concert series 250 watt 4 ohm solid state with the matching 2x15 cab mid 70s era for $400?

2. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    I've seen the heads go for a bout $300 on eBay, so I would say yes.

3. daveman50

daveman50 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Westchester County NY
    250 watts? Nope. More like 150. But get it. It's wicked loud; very nasty sounding (in the best possible way). I have the head (bought it in 1973); lost the cabinet years ago and wish I still had it.

P.S.: all the volume in this head is in the area from 0 to 4 on the volume knob - it runs out of steam after that. So don't try it out at a low/medium volume & assume that it will keep getting louder. But.... it is still loud and has a really nice nasty early FET sound.

4. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    I wondered about that wattage. Thought maybe they upped them in later models than mine.

5. also, i think those 215 cabs are 8 ohms, so you may be struggling for volume. if anything, you got a nice vintagesque rig that you can upgrade with different drivers.