1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sunn Tube Bass Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Mike Carr, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Sunn Spectum 1. Not working, includes all tubes and parts. Tube head from late 60'/early70's worked great until it fell of speaker box 20 years ago. Been stored ever since.
    $200 obo

Attached Files:

2. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    more pics

Attached Files:

3. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    local pick-up or you ship.

4. TheFix

TheFix

Feb 2, 2011
    Paramus, NJ
    Where are you located?

5. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    I live in China, just left Shanghai. Home visiting family in California until Feb. 8, then moving to Hong Kong. The amp and I are both now at 91320 zip code.

6. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Hey Mike, what was the output power on these? 40 watts? And what did the "Contour" knob do? (I have a Sunn Sonaro, very similar, that sounds great.)

7. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    It's been so long that I can hardly remember! It kind of made the sound a little tighter, punchier maybe. I was playing a cheap gig on slab in an upscale bar in Newport Beach, CA with a guy who had been Ike Turners piano player on the road for years back in about 1991, I think. Something happened, a drunk guy kind of fell into the stage at me so I jumped out of his way, pulling the amp off the speaker cab with my too short bass cord. Money was real tight then for me then and I had other amps so I just put it away until I thought I could get it serviced. I never got around to taking it to be repaired. All these years later all I really need is my Walter Woods, runs on 220 for Asia. Maybe this thing put out about 50 watts at the most, but it sure could get loud with the right speaker! A fixer-upper, but would be real cool for the right person if rehabilitated.
    It's looking like I have a deal local to my current location in the works..so any interested parties should stay tuned. I should know how it turned out in a couple days.

8. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Sold!!!!!!!!!:hyper: