1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Superstition

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by kesslari, Sep 5, 2008.

1. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Stevie Wonder's classic was on a list of tunes for a wedding I'm playing, and believe it or not I've never had to play it before, so I figured it was a nice excuse to learn it.

That Clavinet part is SO FUNKY! I've been having a ton of fun with it.
    Plus I'm playing it on the GWB1 fretless with her new ACG preamp. The tone just KILLS - period, but especially for that song and groove. It's got that Wal-y, Clav-y nasal grrrrrowl. I am lovin' life.

I realize I'm starting to sound like a freakin' shill for Alan at ACG, but I'm not - just a dawg lovin' the sound he's getting from his instrument. :D

2. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Hi gang:

My group will be doing Superstition on our shows in June, and having perused the threads about the tune here at TalkBass, I'm finding out exactly what I'm looking for.

Obviously its a simpler bass part (with the clavinet doing most of the work), but I'm looking for some tastefully creative things to do fill-wise or line-wise, while still not getting in the way, or being the "thing to listen to".

We're doing the tune in C, actually, and I'm playing a four-string (my sweet new jaguar). Any ideas or riffs you're liking this week?

3. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    The bass part on that is a synth, and is funky as hell! The multitrack for that is floating around the net, easily obtainable with a quick search, solo the part and check it out, very cool stuff. 8 tracks of clav too, insane.

4. PolkaHero

PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    PM me with your email and I can send you the original isolated synth bass part as a MP3. I also have the transcription from Bass Player that I can send as a PDF.