1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT 4 Pro Users... new owner advise.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brockkiemel, May 7, 2015.

1. brockkiemel

brockkiemel

Jan 16, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Picked up a used SVT 4 Pro on a trade recently. I've used these amps before on fly out gigs... but never had much time to mess with settings as they were house gear. Have a show tonight where I'll be running mono bridged in to an SVT 610HLF and haven't had a chance to try this in practice as this was a last minute booking. I've read enough to know to use the gain more aggressively and keep the master down so as to avoid blowing up the cab.... some people mentioned the peak light should come on when digging in more?

Any other advise on getting a good ballsy rock tone out of it? (I generally run through a sans amp bass driver as well)

Anything other than listening for speaker distortion I should be doing to ensure I'm not overloading the cab?