1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Goliath4 report

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim1, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    Finally had a brief opportunity to play with a Goliath 4 today and to listen to one of my students playing a set through it. Initial reaction - seemed a bit punchier than my Goliath 3 although this could be a result of a new speaker being "tighter" before it was played in; good projection and space filling ability. I was, however, quite concerned that it seemed to fart out quite early with a bit of bass boost - a problem I have never had with my 3. Don't want to get sidetracked into heads, suffice to say that I have often played the same head through my Goliath 3 without any problem. It was solved by cutting back the bass, but nevertheless I perceived it as a point of difference between the two cabinets. I understand that while Fender has upped the power rating they have also changed the drivers to Eminence speakers, so this could result in the perceived difference. Anyone with a similar experience?

2. I have actually found the opposite there. :eek:
    today i plaed i gig using my new Goliath 4 and an SM 900 head. The sound was phenomonal, sweet and pure. just how i like it. I have borrowed a Goliath 3 before but never used the same head with one so i cant say for sure but i think it may have just been the head that you were using?

Im loving this setup and im thinking of adding either another Goliath or a Son Of Bertha, or even a Big Bertha if the Sm 900 can take 2Ohms (which i doubt?) :confused:

3. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    You can do it, but only in stereo mode.