1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SWR Working Pro 12 Voltage Mod

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dustyshiv, Aug 4, 2012.

1. dustyshiv

dustyshiv

Jun 3, 2012
    Guys,

I am planning to buy an SWR Working Pro 12 from Musicians friend and planning to get it shipped all the way to Dubai.

The Input voltage of the amp is 120V. Since I live in Dubai, I need to get the voltage converted to 220V. Official SWR page says only authorized FMIC service centers could do that. Since I dont live in the US, getting this amp shipped to service center and then shipped back to me, would be a pain.

Appreciate anybody's help in guiding me how to do it myself.

Thnx,
    Shiv

2. Khaledon

Khaledon

Nov 23, 2009
    St. Georghe
    Well, if you are still thinking about purchasing this amp, there is a more simple way to resolve the problem : buy a voltage convertor. I've bought the same amp, and I live in Europe, so I faced the same 220V problem. A 200W voltage convertor costed me less than 20$. I hope I helped.

Laci

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    If you are talking about a transformer to drop the voltage to 120V it should be rated at least two to three times the maximum output of the amplifier. I this case that means a 400W minimum.