1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SX(Essex) SPJ57 SuburstMapleFret Vs. Epiphone Thunderbird Silverburst??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twdavis13, Apr 24, 2009.

1. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    Ok im getting ready to buy a new bass and was wondering which one i should get?? any thoughts?? Double Humbuckers vs. P/J Config??:help:

[​IMG]

spj573ts4.

spj573ts5.

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Which sound do you prefer? And of course, the SX is 1/2 the price.

3. lownote54

lownote54

Mar 7, 2009
    it's a personal decision for YOU to make

4. Thump Jr.

Thump Jr.

Jun 8, 2008
    SW FL
    I'd get either the Thunderbird or the SX. Seriously, though, do what you want. (The PJ will probably be more useful sonically - I'm not at all impressed with an Epi Thunderbird's sound, as much as I think they're cool-looking.)

5. Pearldiver

Pearldiver

Apr 30, 2005
    Get both. Not a huge cost and chances are you would never need another four string again as you would have almost any sound you could possibly want covered.

6. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Lincoln, CA
    IMHO, I'd go for the SX as it's quite a bit less expensive and looks better than the T-bird. But I never have been a fan of the way the Epi T-bird looks.

7. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    there completely differnet monsters . i own a p and a pj so i would get the t bird personaly but what do you own is the question

8. Jay Turser. ;)

9. Aenima

Aenima

Aug 24, 2007
    St. Louis
    i have yet to see a live picture of a silverburst tbird....is it just me?

10. twdavis13

twdavis13

Dec 14, 2008
    heres an idea: the sound i want is similar to that of the Gene Simmons Punisher. i heard it on a video of them playing at the Quilmes Rock Festival it reminded me of a sort of growly deep warm abrasiveness... it rawked!! i figure since the punisher has an active EMG PJ config i figure maybe if i buy an SX and put emgs in it. i also want a white pickguard.

bump:confused:

11. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    can someone message me telling where you can buy SX basses, links appritiated

12. oh no your definatly not alone man.i've been waiting to see one for months.they were suposed to be shipped out way earlier,but they delayed it or something,cause they were supose to be out last semptember

13. wow man...those sx's are soo nice!!! and they're so reasonable too.idk man,maybe you should go with ONE OF THE sx's.however the thunderbird isn't a bad deal either though,just a little extra cash.