Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

[tabloïd] Daddy Rob Trujillo

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Old Bob got his son Tye-Orion baptized last week in La Besse, France, his wife Chloé Barthelemy's birth place.
    [​IMG]

2. nismaniac

nismaniac

Feb 21, 2005
    OKC, OK

could you please transcribe this article for us? If you have time it would be really cool. :)

3. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    That's the drummer from Faith No More in the backround I believe...I wonder if he's the Godfather?

4. Kazuki

Kazuki

Aug 14, 2004
    I transcribed the article (with a few adaptations to preserve coherence). Hope you guys enjoy :)

It was almost a surrealist scene.

Yesterday morning, at 10:30 am, in the little town of La Besse, a few kilometers from Villefranche-de-Panat, in South Aveyron, the dominical mass was coming to an end. Then, they arrived.

Tye-Orion, an 8 months old little one , was resting in the arms of his mother, Chloé Barthélémy. At their side, serious and looking almost intimidated, stood a tanned man sporting a long, silky ponytail. This man, the father, goes by the name of Robert Trujillo. Child of Los Angeles, he is, since 2003, the bassist of one of the world's leading hard rock acts, Metallica. And following them, in the role of the godfather and sporting thick dreadlocks, was Mike Bordin - drummer of the legendary Ozzy Osbourne. But what business did these people have in this peaceful countryside chapel ?

Quite simply, Chloé Barthélémy wished to have her first child baptised in this green Aveyronese hamlet where her parents, Claude and "Chichi" acquired a home a while ago.

With the end of the ceremony, this peculiar group met back at home in a very familial setting. As you can see, it was a normal sunday in this village of Lévezou... with one or two exceptions.

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Good for you Rob. God Bless you and your new Family :)

6. Hail Satan :bassist:

7. MCT

MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    I know this a little selfish of me, but I hope that this is the start of one those great Musical Families.