1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Takamine solidbody?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hawkguy, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Hawkguy

Hawkguy

Oct 16, 2005
    Hey, TBer's

I’m trying to find information on a very unique bass I remember from when my father took me to a music store about 20 years ago. I remember it being a Takamine, and it was shaped like an Explorer, but with scalloped edges, rather than straight. The finish was flat black with red binding. Fretboard was rosewood. I can’t remember what kind of pickup, but it was probably a P-style. Has anyone run across something like this? Thanks for any information!

Hawkguy

2. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    sure It's a 1984-85 GB400:
    IMAG0721.

3. PJSim

PJSim

Jan 16, 2011
    Nidaros
    Dang !
    That was my first bass !!!
    Unfortunately I did bad things to it in the 90's and I no longer have it . :ninja: Huge neckdive as I remember it .

4. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    That's not the original gig bag is it?

5. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Haha, no. I just wanted to show someone how big it is.

6. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I bought it off a friend who had it hanging on his wall since 1992. I know they made 100 total between the 2 years, same with the GB410 "arrow" bass:
    takaminebass013.

237746089_ddf6e35064_b.

Dave Vincent still has his, and I asked him if he would sell it since he has not played it since he uses Dean basses now and he said no.

7. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    bumping the thread to tell everyone that a TAK "arrow" bass just sold on ebay for a little over 450.00. Never knew these things took an interest to some people out there in the world still.
    Takamine electric bass, model# BG400 | eBay

Makes me happy to know they still have some sort of value.