1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tape value?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by laboitenoire, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Well, I was looking through my dad's box of old tapes (we have the use of a nice deck for a little while, so he's ripping some of them), and we discovered an unopened Advent C90 Chromium Dioxide tape in its original wrapper from like 30 years ago. Anyway, does anybody think it's worth anything?

2. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    Don't mean to be too sarcastic, but when are you having your next garage sale? I have often wondered about stuff like that, as I have boxes and boxes of old tapes, comerically recorded, home recorded, rehearsal tapes, old blanks, you name it. Problem is, I think the cassette tape has gone the route of the LP, and in fact, an old cassette won't even last as long as an old LP. What should we do with all those old tapes?

3. I actually still use tapes, as that's what my church has. The CD recorder I have access to is nowhere near as nice as our Marantz deck, so I use that. But yeah, I've got a bunch of unused Sony and TDK tapes now to add to my remaining five unused Maxell tapes I just bought a few days ago. The Sonys are Type I, some of the TDKs are Type II, and one TDK is Type IV, so I should be all set for a little while in terms of recording media.