1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tascam DR1 recorder?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by CrashBang, Mar 2, 2008.

1. CrashBang

CrashBang

Jan 1, 2008
    Newton, MA
    Am buying a Tascam DR1 to replace my creative jukebox 3 for live recordings. Anyone use one?

Any tips?

2. on1ne

on1ne

Dec 21, 2004
    NYC
    It's so new, you are probably one of the first. Please do report back on how you like it. How does it handle loud sources? I have a Zoom H2. It's good but could have been better, clips occasionally with loud sources. No solution except to run thru external gear. I'm considering a DR1 if it can do better.

3. I'm interested as well. I have a Boss Micro Br. The Tascam looks appealing....

4. CrashBang

CrashBang

Jan 1, 2008
    Newton, MA
    It shipped today. As soon as I run it through it's paces I will update.

5. CrashBang

CrashBang

Jan 1, 2008
    Newton, MA
    Recieved my new DR1 the other day and I am very happy. The interface with my computer is smooth, it records in 44 and 48 wav files as well as mp3. It can overdub and has a 1/4 in. jack. Built in mics seem o.k. but use sound professional external for recording live music. Records right onto sd cards, which are way cheap now adays.

Don't have a show to record until April but will post some wav files if there is any interest.

Al

6. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I'd love to hear some soundclips...Personally, I'm in the market for a multi-track, and I'm really not happy with the Line 5 toneport (actually, I'm not happy with ableton - but I've decided to go with a multi anyways, so...).

7. sineas

sineas F@H TEAM 33258

Dec 31, 2007
    NY