1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tattoo Idea!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RedCoatMonster, Mar 3, 2008.

1. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    Ok so Im sure Im not the first or last to think of this, but Ill go ahead regardless. I was thinking of getting a BAss Clef Tattoo on my arm, just below the underside of my wrist made of bass strings and two tone knobs. And add to that the sheet music for my first REALLY killer bass line wrapping around my arm:). What do you guys think?

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Let's hear the bassline first.

3. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I think the bass string and knobs is pretty original (or I could be wrong).

Maybe think of a different place for it though. To get the detail of the roundwound string my require it to be bigger than what will fit on your wrist. Consult a Tattooist on that though.

4. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    Do it, cause I think it will be funny when you regret it in 6 years.

5. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    I agree that it might need to be placed in a different location. You could have temporary tats for your set list & chord progressions too.

6. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    I think that if you're asking for the opinion of others regarding your tattoo selection, you aren't ready to get a tattoo.

7. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Somebody needs to make this product ! :hyper:

8. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    194869462_0df5de735e.

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    A friend of mine 'discovered' he was gay after he was grown up. Like (I gather) a lot of guys who make this 'discovery' later in life, he didn't feel it was enough to just be gay, at first. He had to someone find a way to be gay 'AT you'. You know the way I mean, right? The people whose orientation can't just be their orientation? It has to somehow be a statement.

He got a tattoo of a few chords on a treble clef staff with a rainbow over them. He was at least fairly subtle about it, comparatively, The chords were F, A, and G, because there isn't a Y chord.

The tattoo guy was halfway done and said "These notes say 'fag' on your arm." And Marcus says "Well now I know you can read music."

10. speedkills

speedkills

Jan 10, 2008
    California
    Your "friend" huh??

C'mon - Let's see the tat!! :D

11. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    haha, nice

12. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Dude. The story would have gotten way wierder if I had tried to explain the whole thing. He's not just a friend. He's my biggest fan...except not musically.

He was one of my patients down at the Folk Music Festival I go to every summer. He came in to First Aid looking rough and a quick assessment made it obvious that he was in fairly serious trouble. I got someone to go to his tent and bring his meds, most importantly the blood pressure med he had missed that day. I got him cooled down and mostly stabilized and had to watch over him until his BP med finally kicked in. At the time he was grumpy about missing part of the concert.

A week or so later he goes to his doctor with a copy of the sheet I had filled out on him. His doctor unspooled and finally made him realize just how bad off he was when he got to my booth.

The next summer I go down to the festival and there's this little gray haired old hippie telling everyone how I saved his life, over and over.

Marcus is cool in his own way, but he took a little getting used to.

13. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Leave the two twirls on the right side off & it's outstanding.

14. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    Hahahaha let me write it first then sure.

15. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    Yeah you and Wick are probably on to something with that haha. Im having one of my friends who wants to be a tattoo artist design some of it for me so Ill have her dray it on my or something in a few different spots and see what looks best.

16. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    This is the picture that made me think of having it designed out of bass strings actually haha.