1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TB's opinion on pedal order.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TonyTBass, Sep 25, 2017.

1. TonyTBass

TonyTBass

Mar 1, 2015
    Gulf Shores
    Yeah yeah, whatever works for me is the right order. But I enjoy and respect fellow TB's ideas and suggestions. :) I posted about a year ago regarding pedal order, appreciated the tips, but have since added a few... so I'm curious to know TB opinions about which order to hook these up. Thanks.
    pedals.jpg

2. CoarseBass

CoarseBass

Dec 28, 2002
    Tuner, pitch, dirt, modulation, compression, phase. Touch sensitivity, consistency.

TonyTBass likes this.
  3. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Beyond putting the tuner first, the JamMan second to last and the SCR/DI dead last I have nothing to suggest beyond starting with the usual rules of thumb for pedal order. I'd have to play around a bit with what you have before deciding.

If you have an EHX MicroSynth however, I probably would leave the Octamizer off the board.

TonyTBass and SunnBass like this.
  4. Edmang

Edmang Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2013
    MA
    Why leave the octamizer off? Yes, the EHX has an octave down, but depending on your settings on the EHX may not be easy to isolate in a live situation. The sound of the microsynth and octamizer can differ at the press of a button.

The would start with this order.. I like my compressor after touch sensitive pedals.

Tuner, octamizer, mxr filter, microsynth, compressor, jam man, scr-di.

The sheehan I would have to play with to see where I liked it best. Initial though would be before the microsynth, but could be anywhere. To complicate things, it also has a loop so maybe putting the octamizer and or filter in the loop might make sense.

Of course things are just a starting point. Experimentation may find a better combination for you.

TonyTBass likes this.