1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

tc electronic rh450 bass head.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joe foley, May 1, 2019.

1. joe foley

joe foley

May 1, 2019
    im having a problem with my bass head cutting out sometimes when im playing it will be fine for a while then all of sudden i hit a note on my jazz bass and no sound its crazy.any body had this problem. and how did you resolve it Cheers JOE.

2. I would check to insure that all your cables are fine and in good working order. The only time my RH450 has given me problems are when I have run into dodgy power at a venue. Not the amps fault.
    Fishheadjoe

3. jshinal

jshinal

May 28, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Agreed with Fisheadjoe, a cable with an intermittent short, or possibly a bit of wire debris inside the cabinet may be momentarily shorting out across a jack or speaker terminal. It sounds like your amp is going into "self protection" for a second when the short-circuit occurs in the output wiring.

Is the amp running hot at all ?

4. Joe, just to clarify, this signal is Jazz bass directly to RH450 or are you using any pedals?

5. joe foley

joe foley

May 1, 2019
    HI eriky. yes directly into head no pedals Thanks

6. This is probably a silly response, but I have noticed that the input on mine, came be a little finicky. I mean that inserting my cable into the input of the amp, sometimes I think it is in all the way, only to find that it's not. Intermittent connection.
    Again, probably a silly response.
    Fishheadjoe

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 26, 2021