1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC Electronics 2x8" combo

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by AMJBASS, Oct 7, 2013.

1. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Have you guys seen this yet?

http://www.tcelectronic.com/bg250-208/?setLanguage=true

I just noticed it, and for the price it looks like it would be a pretty good DB amp. Light weight, and reasonably low cost. I am not sure where you can try them out yet. I've always liked 8's with Double Bass, so I'm hoping this amp will be something that will work really well.

2. It's cute. There's a thread on it over in Electric. Too bad it doesn't have a high-impedance input. And adjustable high-pass filter (yeah, right).

3. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Not sure they could offer it at this price point with a high pass, but I wonder if they could make one of the "Toneprint" effects a high pass? Now that would be something. I'm only passively interested in these right now, but I do like the form factor especially for smaller gigs.

4. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Adrian,
    Good find! If this amp sounds good with DB there finally may be a reasonably priced, better quality micro amp for
    students and semi pros who, can't afford the high tech stuff. I almost found one used this morning on the GC website for $250.00.

Ric

Ric

5. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    That is where I saw it advertised. Not sure if Dave has any in stock yet.

6. This would be awesome but I checked out the Toneprint stuff (even downloaded the Android app) with this in mind for the head version of this amp and it looks like there are no EQ Toneprints available. Too bad - it would be great to have a hi-pass, mid frequency or even phase shift Toneprint. It all seems to be gimmicky effects stuff rather than useful tools. :(

7. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Stereo Joe,
    Well, TC is going with Tone Print effects, that will be effective in marketing the TC BG250 to their largest potential market, bass guitar players. So I can't really fault them for that. Their biggest volume of sales are in the Bass Guitar Market segment. I'm not saying that they shouldn't offer an EQ tone print, but it's probably very low on their "to do" list, if it's even on the list.

Ric

8. Good point - hopefully they'll add some EQ Toneprints in the future. I can see a mid shift or even hi-pass being useful for electric bass players.