TC (Spectradrive) power supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MKD, Oct 15, 2018.

1. MKD

MKD

Oct 29, 2012
    Hey all - post not necessarily just limited to spectradrives...

Mine turned up today which is awesome - BUT...wondering if any of you have laying round anywhere a TC power adapter faceplate/slide-off wall adapter to suit an AU plug?
    mine has US & UK...both of which arent useful to me (happy to swap if someone needs either and has an AU plug)

let me know! thanks MKD.

2. MKD

MKD

Oct 29, 2012
    Bump - anyone have an unwanted AU adapter plate for a TC power supply?

3. rutrho

rutrho

Mar 29, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    I might. Which one is it? I can check what I have in the box mine came in...

4. MKD

MKD

Oct 29, 2012
    the one that looks like a US one but the pins are angled at about 45degrees

5. MKD

MKD

Oct 29, 2012
    one of these pin styles

Attached Files:

6. rutrho

rutrho

Mar 29, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    ah, i don't have that one. I just have the one with the two prongy things.

7. MKD

MKD

Oct 29, 2012
    yeah same here lol that and the US one. I'll keep looking, thanks for checking yours out though

rutrho likes this.
  8. Aloe

Aloe

Apr 10, 2016
    Ukraine
    I believe, TC does not make AU outlets, they only make EU, US and UK ones.
    I think, your cheapest option is to get a Chinese passive converter from some of those plugs to Australian plug. Like this one.

more expensive option is to get a dedicated power supply. some of them use standard IEC cords, so you can plug in a Type I cord in it. an MXR ISO-Brick uses a custom 18v power supply, that includes a Type I plug as I recall.

9. MKD

MKD

Oct 29, 2012
    Yeah they make them for the Australian/new zealand/chinese markets - all the same plugs. They just dont sell the slide-off prongs separately. I can buy a new tc supply here with the correct plug but just seeing whether i can find one to use the supply i have before i buy it.