1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC TonePrint Profiles For Bass Released!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kenstee, Jan 19, 2012.

1. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    TC Electronic | All Bass TonePrints

Nice additional option for TC TonePrint Pedal owners.

So they say... "Last year, we introduced our range of amazing TonePrint guitar pedals. Now some of the best bass players in the world have added their personal touch to these pedals. In other words, with these new Bass TonePrints, you can turn our TonePrint pedals into dedicated bass effects in a matter of seconds! All of these Bass TonePrints are totally free."

2. afroman

afroman Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You beat me to it!:p

They sound good, but most I still use chorus as a very subtle effect.

3. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Very cool.

4. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    The TonePrint concept is just so cool. Good to see some prints for bass!

5. dwh87

dwh87

Jul 31, 2007
    Cornwall
    Probably the best thing i have heard from NAMM so far.

Might get a pedal in the next couple of months and see if it is a good as it sounds.

6. I was seriously considering getting this delay/looper but the audio tap instead of a traditional tap tempo was a deal breaker for me. I mean, sure you can audio tap a few subtle muted strums at the start of a song to set the tempo of the delay but if your playing live - you could have slowed down or sped up considerably by the time you got to a delay part if it was towards the end of the song. Then it might sound poo.

7. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    Sweet!

8. marijn van gils

marijn van gils

Jan 23, 2002
    Belgium
    Get the Nova Repeater instead: it doesn't cost too much more, is not too much larger, and it has a dedicated tap-tempo switch. You can use both audio tap or traditional tap. Many other features too!

And hurray on the bass-toneprints! I'm going to check out the ones for chorus soon!

9. Quick question about Toneprints: does the pedal need to be connected to the computer during the gig, or do you just load it onto the pedal and the forget about it?

10. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    set and forget man

11. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    just load it on to your toneprint pedal and jobs a gud un ;)

12. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    Did anyone see this?

TC Electronic | TonePrint App

You can beam toneprints from your smart phone through your guitar's pickups into the pedal! No need for a computer, and you could have all your toneprints with you for changes on the fly. Probably not something you'd want to do between songs, but I could see tailoring your pedals at the start of the gig if you play in a number of different situations.

-- T. G. --

13. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tommy just posted what I was going to suggest to you. They have an iPhone and Android app that will beam the Toneprints from your phone, through your pick ups and into your pedal. I've been using it and it works great. The only problem is that its loud, but you can set up a mute after the pedal. So if you want a couple of different Toneprints to use at a gig, or just want to try a bunch of different ones without hooking it up to a computer, this the perfect solution.

And let me emphasize how awesome the app is. Its all saved to your phone, so you aren't accessing the network through your phone. Which means if you have a poor connection or capped data, no need to worry. And its pretty quick, too. I'm not affiliated with TC Electronics, I just really think the app is cool and really expands the capability of the Toneprint pedals.

14. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    Having looked at the site, I'm a little bummed that they haven't yet developed bass toneprints for the dirt pedals. As many of us know, getting distortion to sound good on bass can be a challenge, and I think it would be a great application of the toneprint concept.

-- T. G. --

15. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    Silly me. I just realized that none of the dirt pedals are "toneprint enabled."

-- T. G. --

16. I wish they'd make the software available so we could tweak our own Toneprints.

I have a TC Flashback and it's very cool for what I use it for, but it could be so much cooler if I could tweak the internal parameters (EQ, Modulation, etc) to my own liking.

17. Thanks to everyone who answered! Why doesn't TB have a hug smiley?

18. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yeah no kidding. I've heard that the program they use to tweak everything is really complicated and it takes them an hour to make a new Toneprint with an artist. Still, I wish they would make one even if they make it really simple.

Its because most of the people here are old. Go to Ilovefuzz.com for that

19. AndybradleyUK

AndybradleyUK

Sep 30, 2010
    According to Janek Gwizdala, the guy who invented the Toneprint concept got invited to Apple HQ in California because he was the first guy to do something that even Apple didn't know their technology could do. Such a brilliant idea.

20. marijn van gils

marijn van gils

Jan 23, 2002
    Belgium
    That app would also be great for downloading toneprints in a pedal on a crowded pedalboard, without having to detach it.

Damn, pressure to finally get a smart phone is building constantly. I don't know how long I can still resist...