1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TecAmp Jag 900 live sound afterglow reflection

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Buszkock, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Buszkock

Buszkock

Dec 13, 2015
    New York
    Just wanted to share a little excitement I have for this head.

I picked up a Jag 900 and a Bergantino CN212 from a TB member a little before Christmas. (Yes, I know, I'm the best Santa ever.) Needless to say, after playing through an old Ampeg combo amp at home for the past few years, I was absolutely blown away by the tone. The clarity, punch, power and control of those two paired together is awesome. Had lots of fun in the basement blasting away.

Then I brought the Jag head to practice for the first time, where the studio houses an Ampeg 8x10 fridge. WOW!!!

The amp was loud, crisp, powerful, clear, up front. Never lost a bit of low end, even when I engaged my TAFM (literally thought the pedal was broken because the fuzz blended so well, lol).

Guys in the band thought it was a great improvement over my rack with the SansAmp RPM. (Although I'm not giving that one up, plenty of uses still for it during recording sessions.)

...Really excited that I could just move away from the amp and stop fiddling with the knobs for three hours (unspoken bassist pastime.) Just beautiful music knocking me over.

--Peace, Buzz

bassbooty and bass nitro like this.
  2. Glad to hear it! I don't remember there ever being a lot of "buzz" about the Jag on TB-- almost every Tecamp thread inevitably refers to the Puma 900 or Bona fide. As a guy who plays primarily rock, and appreciates a little grit, this model interest me.

Feel free to give us some gig reports with it-- I'll gladly keep an eye out for them!

Buszkock and bass nitro like this.
  3. bass nitro

bass nitro

Feb 21, 2011
    BG,SZ
    Yes,Tecamp and CN212 - real magic.I like mine.

Buszkock likes this.
  4. Buszkock

Buszkock

Dec 13, 2015
    New York
    Yeah, wish I had some lined up but I'm in a band that is entrenched in a cycle of endless practices, I guess half for music, half for "the hang"... getting old though. When the drummer asked me to stop noodling as I explored a soundscape with my Afterneath pedal I said, Oh I'm sorry if my playing music is getting in the way of you guys talking during music practice. He's a cool guy and laughed and said, point taken. But seriously, I think I evolved a whole new hunger for playing music that some of the other guys don't share (or don't have time for). But hey, now I got a great bass, a great rig, and I've been practicing seriously again. I'm sure I could find something if I looked hard enough.

5. Buszkock

Buszkock

Dec 13, 2015
    New York
    Which amp do you have?

6. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Congrats! Sounds like a cool combo! You guys have any pics to share?

I recently acquired a TecAmp rig myself > a Puma 900 with an S212 Classic cab > and it is a glorious combo as well!

Attached Files:

7. DC3

DC3 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Atlanta
    Currently carrying a Black Jag 900 Classic with 2-Schroeder 12PL cabs. Love this rig

Attached Files: