1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TECH 21 DP-3X and TECH21 SansAmp programable Bass DI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jens4343, Aug 1, 2020 at 9:26 AM.

1. Jens4343

Jens4343

Dec 12, 2019
    none
    Hi Y'all:

I am thinking of getting me one of those TECH21 DP-3X dUg Pinnick pedal.

Will it do me any good??
    Using af Sandberg 4 string bass
    GK R450 head
    and
    Ampeg 8x10 cab

2. Honestly, I am a huge, huge tech 21 fan and own a ton of their pedals and the DP-3X is an amazing pedal but I don't really think you need it because your GK R450 base tone is so good. I think you'd be better served by getting a nice distortion pedal that either blends in clean or doesn't cut any lows. Might I recommend the Idiotbox Landphil or Blower Box or Fuzzrocious Demon or Cat Tail or Darkglass Alpha/Omega for distortions and if you want fuzz you have a billion great fuzz options from Earthquaker Devices, Fuzzrocious, Wren & Cuff, Earthbound Audio, etc.

If you're planning on doing any serious home recording I'd get the dUg for sure but GK has a really nice, solid tone that you can build some nice distorted tones over. Honestly it really depends on how heavy the kind of music you are doing is.

3. Jens4343

Jens4343

Dec 12, 2019
    none
    HI Chris:

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion - I sort of had the feeling it that the pedal might not really add anything to my rig.....