1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tempo Changes

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by alack, Oct 2, 2019.

1. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    Teaching my 5th grade students about accelerando and ritardando. Looking for some good examples of classic rock songs that include one or the other. Can you guys help me generate a list? So far all I have is the ending of “Baba O’Reilly.”

2. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    Meatloaf - Anything for Love?

3. Come On Eileen, by Dexy’s Midnight Runners has the distinction of being the only pop song to start the bridge in half time, and slowly accelerate to the original tempo. This happens at 2:25.

lz4005 likes this.
  4. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Gallia Celtica
    I'm not sure Yes can be called Classic Rock, but that song immediately came to mind.

5. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Not classic rock, but MMW's Bubblehouse is a fun, structurally very simple song that's built around a massive, gradual tempo change. Fun to play as well.

6. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Well, here's one few people know from 1968. Tempo changes are clear as bell, and fit the feel of the lyrics very well.

Malcolm35 likes this.