the curse is over

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IvanMike, Oct 27, 2004.

1. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Hey, why didn't the cards put in there good pitcher during... uh... i dunno... the first inning of the first game?
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Woo hoo! :bassist:

I almost can't believe it. I've been hearing the same sh** since birth, and at long last the Red Sox win. Excellent.
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    It figures that about ten years after I stopped following the Sox fanatically (or watching almost any sport at all), they go all the way. I'm still happy though-I think tomorrow I'll break out my old Red Sox Starter jersey I got in 7th grade-it outta fit by now :)
  5. I don't even watch pro sports, yet I feel like I'm 5 years old again.. finally.. finally!! :D
  6. duke2004

duke2004 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Cambridge, Mass.
    I must admit that when Pedro drew a walk I knew it was a done deal
  7. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Hey congrats Boston. I don't really even follow pro sports anymore, but I love it when original teams win it.

Mabey the reason I dislike baseball so much is because i'm from Detroit :crying:

We have a crappy team (not as bad as last year), and a crappy ballpark. I seriously miss Tiger Stadium. It was a huge mistake and a shame for all of baseball that they decided to build a new ballpark instead of rennovating Tiger Stadium.

At least we still got Fenway and Wrigley. Tiger Stadium was equally as beautiful, just didn't show because it wasn't taken care of.
  8. wuwuwuwuwuwu

i been sayin it for a while, might as well keep it goin!

go sox!
  9. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Boston Red Sox just won the World Series (ironically played only in the US ;) ) But they havent won in eons (keep getting beaten by the Yankees!)
  10. They deserve it. After that third playoff game against The Yankees, they were like a locomotive going downhill - unstopable!

Is anyone at work today in Boston? :D

And they won during a lunar eclipse !!! :eek:

Next year: The Mets !!! :bag:

Mike :)
  11. {OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.

Its not just the fact that they won, but look how they did it!

First, the comeback after being down 3 games vs. the yanks; then dominating the card.s' in 4 games to sweep the series. Not only did they make history, they did it with style. :hyper:

I think its time to forgive Bill Buckner. :eyebrow:
  12. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    wow, america has won the world series again!

13. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

heh--well, considering that quite a few of the best players are now from South America and Japan, it's a bit more 'world' than you'd think. :D
  14. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Let's be realistic here ;)

David (A Mets Fan)

P.S. Congrats Sox!
  15. :D

What's up, David? :)

Now if they would just settle this Hockey lock-out! :( (slight hijack, I know)

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Hey, where's my prize! :spit:
  17. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

Man, that had me rolling....on the floor. :D
  18. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    haha! if my plan works, you'll be getting a really bitchy letter to the US postal service in the next week. i've actually sent 5 parcels of stuff over there in the past 6 months that have never made it. so i've written 5 very angry letters to the US postal service (whatever it is) addressed to the people who i intended to send things to, in the hope that some idiot postal worker will intercept them and feel my wrath.

i sent four things 4 to people on TB (three prize packages, and one birthday present), and a really expensive corset to someone from Ebay, all of which never got there :eyebrow:
    a lot of people i know have stopped shipping things internationally on ebay, because things just never arrive. i don't know if it's our end or yours, but it's been really bad over the past few months :(