1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The delicious and/or weird foods ULTRA thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Pbassmanca, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca In the pocket n' thumpy. So woody, so greasy...

Well folks, I don't know about you, but I love good food and I love to eat it. I also enjoy looking at pictures of it and imagining just how delicious it might be. So if you wish, you may post any pics of food here that you like. Food you made. Food your Mom or grandma made. Food your buddy's aunt brought to a potluck. Food you will eat or have eaten. Food from a restaurant. Food from a truck. Food from a wagon on the side of a dirt road. Food that you found on the road. Weird snacks or sandwiches that you'e sure only you would possibly eat. Strange food. Bad food. Bland food. Mediocre and yet strangely satisfying food. Food you dropped on the ground. Descriptions of food. Food stories. Foods you hate.Any food at all! Post it all here. I'll start this off. And remember:

"Stay hungry my friends......"

giphy-1.
    20180112_173149.
    20 oz bone in rib steak from "The Keg" on Friday night for our wedding anniversary.

20180114_190859.
    Ribs I did in the oven on Sunday.

20180116_191656.
    Tonights supper: Linguine with a sauce of garlic, olive oil, and dried chili flakes ; brought together with some well seasoned pasta water and freshly grated Parmigiano cheese. Wicked.

2. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    65281.main.png&height=700&width=450&outputFormat=JPEG&quality=0. Date-Nut Cake.

Good, dark fruitcake with only nuts and natural dried fruits; NO artificial-tasting candied fruit.

3. Pbassmanca

Reliably delicious!:D

ZenG likes this.
  4. Pbassmanca

I've never had the pleasure, but it surely must be better than the run of the mill stuff that makes its rounds in December. ;)

FilterFunk likes this.
  5. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    It is...soooo much better! In fact, it's the kind of fruitcake I grew up eating. When I got older, I didn't understand all the anti-fruitcake jokes until I tried the "run of the mill stuff." I had to do some serious internet surfing to find the ones pictured in my post above. It was well worth the effort.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  6. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    When I was younger, my grandmother passed on to me her tomato sauce recipe (took me an hour and a pot of coffee to sweat it out of her). I'm the only one in the family who knows it - one day I'll pass it on to my son.

7. I ate this stuff 3 meals/day when I first moved to Chiang Mai:

6816252899_fe25457130_z.

It's called Nahm Prik Noom, meaning young chilli paste, & it's served with pork rinds that you use to scoop it up.

8. Pbassmanca

Oh my gad, that sounds killer....

9. They literally grind up chilli peppers & garlic with a pestle & mortar, love it!

maxresdefault.

Oddly, Squittolo, JRA and 2 others like this.
  10. biguglyman

biguglyman

Jul 27, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    First introduced in Rochester, NY at a place called Nick Tahoe Hots. The "Garbage Plate" is two hots (or, now, two burgers) over a bed of mac salad and home fries, smothered in meat (Greek style) hot sauce, onions, and whatever other condiments one desires. They are so popular in this area that most diner type places, pizza shops, etc. have their own versions.

garbage2.

Squittolo, 10cc, JRA and 7 others like this.
  11. Pbassmanca

That looks like the awesome kind of leftover plate you put together when you don't have time to cook and there's a bunch of stuff in the fridge.

12. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Memories of college (and my old waistline).

13. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

One of my ultimate comfort meals is breakfast. Of particular note is oatmeal, BUT, with copious amounts of butter, some sugar ( just enough to sweeten it - I'm not a sweets kinda guy ), milk, made with a cap full of vanilla extract and..... extra crispy fried bacon crumbled into it. Sometimes a bit of cinnamon finds it's way in there too.

My Latvian Grandmother made it that way for us.

14. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I could eat Pho every day.
    Pho-Beef-Noodles-2008.

15. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    It’s hard to beat a simple fresh hot homemade country biscuit with butter.

F2A279AA-1664-4DD4-B64D-59CC35231002.

16. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    main-qimg-ee3bc988742927e6f290b8e1e6d6c9a2-c.

JLY, TolerancEJ, Atshen and 7 others like this.
  17. Pbassmanca

Damn straight....:smug:

Alik, Funky Ghost and FilterFunk like this.
  18. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Mongolian hot pot. Hours of soup to be shared with friends that gets deliciouser and deliciouser as the meal goes on:
    Mongolian-Hot-Pot.

twelvetrombones, 10cc, JRA and 5 others like this.
  19. I see that you like your steak cooked properly.