1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale The Famous-P ( medium scale double-reverse-P-bass )

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mikewalker, Feb 15, 2020 at 2:50 AM.

1. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Price:
    Strings:
    Daphne Blue Sparkle-Flake lacquer with great sparkle movement.
    MINT condition, this has maybe two hours very careful studio time total.

32 inch scale length
    1.5" nut width.
    Weighs 8.6 lbs (3.900 kg)
    EMG P and EMG PA active pups, controls are V/V/T plus three way toggle switch.
    Has a 900-year-old medieval silver dinar (one of the world's smallest coins) incorporated as lucky hood ornament :)
    Famous-P_ (1).jpg

Designed to use either medium scale or long scale strings - quick release tailpiece for easy non-destructive string changes.

Currently strung with Sadowsky Blue Label flats.

The bass has "sustain for days" and a really complex harmonic signature with amazing brightness when the tone knob is full up. Lots of tone control shading plus many tonal variations with the toggle switch and volume mixing. Sound clips to follow soon...

Two dozen pictures here:
    The Famous-P | FOR SALE

Included is a brand new very nice perfectly-fitting Profile gig bag, and a new European-made blue/tan leather strap as shown.

More info in this NBD thread.

Price is in USD dollars.

Shipping cost ?? ... I haven't got a box for it yet, but I think it'll be in the neighborhood of USD100 to ship to Canada, and maybe USD 140 to ship to USA.

International shipping is possible too - PM me for a quote...

Famous-P_ (7).jpg Famous-P_ (13).jpg Famous-P_ (10).jpg __Famous-P (8)_.jpg

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Groovy.

mikewalker likes this.
  3. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    Looker!!