1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Guitar Player Said......

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Zachthebassplyr, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Give a Bass Player a Guitar and he'll break a string......
    Teach a Bass Player Guitar, and He'll break them all!

:mad:

gui****s..........pffft

2. Baron Von Vik

Baron Von Vik

Jun 11, 2010
    Somewhere in Arizona
    Mojo FunkBasses
    Tell him he has small hands.

3. Your problem is you actually listen to the fool

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i play guitar too and i've broken plenty of strings. so he's right. and i even learned guitar first!

5. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    How could you hear the guitar player talking over his Marshall full stack on 11? I mean, it wasn't like he was *not* noodling. Was he tuning? I hear that's pretty rare in some parts. Perhaps he was sipping some refreshment... No, that uses the mouth hole as well. Hmm, Puzzler.

6. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    I once suggested a guitarist I play with to use a metronome, or a click track. He said he doesn't know how to play to one.

7. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Dont take it too seriously. Where would guitarists be without a good bassist (and drummer) in the background, making him look/sound good. ;)

8. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    A guitarist I know said he loved playing music with our band. We love the way he plays, too. Sometimes those who know less can still teach us something new, and sometimes those who know more teach us, too.

9. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Inactive

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Give a guitarist a bass and he will play annoying scales too fast using the wrong EQ.
    Teach a guitarist to PLAY bass and he will steal several of your gigs!

10. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Some of the best bands I've played with have had no guitarist at all. 'Nuff said.

11. Billnc

Billnc

Aug 6, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Did ya get to take your earplugs out?

12. I told him I have strong hands and I can't help it..then I said..
    "that's why your girl prefers backrubs from me and not you."

lol

13. ..While that was computing, I drove away smiling before he could formulate a response. :D

Perhaps next week you will all see me in the Band Management thread with a post saying....

so the guitarist kicked me out of the band.:rollno:

:D

14. T-MOST

T-MOST

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I play guitar also, and I've never broken a string... so much for that theory.

15. The hands that rocks a bass can also smash a guitarist's jaw.

16. Psycho

Psycho

Jun 24, 2008
    You sir, are a genius. :D

But really, if he's going to act like that, ditch the band.

Unless it's just playing around, I see some real conflict between you both. I suggest if it's not harmless joking, or something either of you can take, i'd leave. No sense stressing yourself out.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021