1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Iron Ether Xerograph Low Pass Filter & more!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kwesi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. As some of you may know our very own Conical Johnson is creating his own lowpass filter. For too long now the Moog MF101 has been pretty much anyone's only option for a high quality low pass filter. And while many love the sound there are also many who want other options in terms of price. I haven't tried the Moog myself but some healthy competition is long overdue for it and hopefully, this pretty little pedal will provide just that! Ladies and gents... the Iron Ether Xerograph:

[​IMG]

Purty ain't it? I was told the CV in will be available later as well! The website with clips should be up very soon and I'm sure Conical will chime in with the info when it is. The Xerograph will also be getting a big brother in a few weeks that will take things over the top! Here's a bit of info:

The price is projected to be $175USD.

Xerograph clips:
    I know I can't wait! I asked Conical and he said it's cool so I'm making another thread to so we can pitch him name suggestions for this pedal you can post your submission here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8996621#post8996621

I definitely excited for this stuff and I figure everyone should at least hear about it so here it is :D!

2. Looks awesome! I would happliy drop my Moog filter if I can get one of these with CV-in - provided it does the same thick low pass sweep without envelope.

3. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Just to be clear, all of these come standard with an expression pedal jack for frequency, so you can use a regular expression pedal to control the sweep. The CV compatible option is for interfacing with an MP201 or modular synth gear.

But if you want to sweep the filter with an expression pedal, that's a standard feature.

4. Original post amended!

5. I've been saving up for a mf-101 but this looks like a good option. Demo??? :D :hyper: :)

6. Very cool. I'll wait to hear some feedback from other before pulling the trigger but I'd be keen to get rid on my Moog for something smaller. Is there any way to have the input so that both CV and regular expression would work?

7. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    What about the Cygnet and the Nautilus?

:ninja:

8. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Is there a projected price on these bad boys?

9. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    price check on aisle 3

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    And it's so small.....VERY interested.

11. csala

csala

Aug 14, 2005
    Santa Monica, Ca
    That Xerograph looks great.

I'm on my second LPF from Conical (the first one was in a wah type enclosure), and I must say he's outdone himself with this one. It's smooth, noiseless, and the footprint is perfect. It's really intuitive as well.

Here's a pic of my current board with the LPF in the upper left corner. I had Conical make me a Brassmaster clone with a starve knob, gate knob, and exp in as well, and you can see it on the lower left next to the orange pedal. It's kicked a Woolly Mammoth, Prunes and Custard, and Bassweet off my board over the past 6 months. Seriously.

This guy is good!

Attached Files:

12. The price on these will be $175! How many of you got giddy like little kids at that :p?

13. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    If it truly matches/beats the Moog LPF and I can get UK delivery included for the $175 then I will probably cry hot, salty tears of joy (not necessarily from my eyes).

14. Freakin' cool.

15. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    So can we get some clips up in here?

16. ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

sigged :ninja:

17. LowB-ing

LowB-ing

Aug 3, 2005
    If the nameless big brother has all the features of the fooger LP + "effecs loop", while smaller in footprint, I'm likely to buy it.

The Xerograph would be right up my alley if it wasn't missing volume control and sensitivity/envelope amount control

18. You can get both as custom options and it'll still be less than the Moog :).

19. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Demo?

20. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You're probably asking a bit much to get free UK shipping.