The lessons on the Jaco video..

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Feda, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Feda

Feda Screwed up pitch

Jan 12, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    I just baught the jaco pastorius video and when he plays it says watch booklet for excersise. It also says that you should put the dvd in the pc and follow a link. I did so but I couldnt find the lessons anywhere...Can anyone help?

Hope this is the right forum..
  2. The "lessons" are added on graphics and notation to the semi-coherant ramblings of Jaco. As you watch the dvd little John Madden like text pops up over Jaco's fingers. I wouldn't consider them actually formal lessons as much as a mostly unhelpful effort to put mortal words onto immortal ability.

I think the best way to use the dvd is to just kick back watch and listen and let it soak in - see how he moves around the fretboard and work his right hand.
  3. Feda

Feda Screwed up pitch

Jan 12, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Where do I get these lessons?
  4. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    There was a book that was the companion to the DCI video. It's still in print I think.

BUT---Be aware that there are some serious misprints in that book. For example, some of the transcriptions are written in treble clef although the key sig shows it as bass clef. There are other goofs as well. The "Barbary Coast" lick transcription is way off, etc.

Now, I have an early copy of this book. I don't know if corrections were ever made on later editions.
  5. ya know... they took him off the streets for one weekend just to shoot that movie....
  6. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    He still played like no one tough :)