1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The nephew ain't too bad either........

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DWBass, Feb 25, 2008.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

David Pastorius

2. Bladebla

Bladebla

Feb 24, 2008
    Ahh, very nice find. I guess it runs in the family. I hope that he gets fame for HIS music, not his uncle's.

3. Nice slap, throws some flams in there, and then finger funks it. :bassist: Composer too, excellent. Nice find is right, Dave. Jaco's name might even hinder him some, as funny as things work out sometimes. Nephew should make a longer run if it though, Lord willin' !

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

And you know, Felix (his son) is a pretty darn good bassist as well but maybe it's just me but I just don't feel any passion in his playing at all! Again, maybe it's just me as I just never seek out anything he and his brother play on.

5. Dave, you're not referring to David P, right? He can feel it right fa sure. And create it too, as a composer. Honestly, I;ve never heard of Jaco's son. Although I do feel for him. I saw Jaco live once in NYC. I had come to the party much too late and saw one of the famous " late life gigs". :( I do thank J, as I'm sure that was one of the signs that led me to clean up my nose and get out of the jungle.

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Oh no. David can play his arse off. I was referring to Felix, Jaco's son.

7. actually I think felix is much better than dave, but neither of them come anywhere close to jaco... though they cant be blamed for that LOL

8. Really unfair to make that comapro, even as natural as it may seem.

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I wasn't saying one was better than the other but that I feel David has much more passion for the instrument (and it shows in his playing).

10. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    That's a great video. I hadn't heard of him until now. Thanks!