Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The new Tool CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Peatroosio, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Peatroosio

Peatroosio

Apr 24, 2000
    I've heard that they were in the studio last year, and were going to start recording sometime soon after Maynard was done touring w/ APC. I was also told to expect it to be out sometime this month. Other than that, I don't know anything about it. It doesn't seem like anyone does. Does anybody here have any other info on it? release date and such?

2. unrealrocks

unrealrocks

Jan 8, 2004
    LOL - This is the first I've heard of it, I follow APC pritty closely and really like Tool as well ... can't wait, anyone got details? :p

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes it will be released this year hopefully. Cant wait :ninja:

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Robert Fripp will be on it.

5. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    seriously?

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yeah he made the band coffee while they were in the studio.

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

here they are

Attached Files:

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Wasn't there another thread on this before? :confused: in any case, I can't wait for it... just like the new AC/DC album, wooooo

Ray

9. *still trying to comprehend King Crimson opening up for Tool

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Easy. Tool stole most of their sound from King Crimson. They readily admit this.

11. Personally I don't think they sound that similar tone-wise.. I remember reading that maynard claimed to have "ripped off" King Crimson, but would anyone have guessed it otherwise?

I meant to say that it should have been the other way around, rather than to imply that they don't go together, but then again, I have seen how many people a tool show attracts. It's terrifying, and considering that it shouldn't surprise anyone (much less someone amazing like me) that King Crimson would have a comparatively small audience.

That being said, it still hurts my brain to think about it, about as much as phil lesh sitting in w/ umphrey's mcgee.

12. the guy that does tool's official site has been sitting on a few of their practices, aparently one of the songs is 18mins long and theres another one at 12mins long. Sounds like its gonna b cassic Tool. They better bring out that DVD they've been talking about for ages.

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Now I'm getting psyched for it, and we don't even have a release date!!!!! Argh, why must they torture us so...

Ray

14. 18 minutes? see this is why I never see much tool on music channels...

15. Peatroosio

Peatroosio

Apr 24, 2000
    I thought I heard a new Tool song on the radio, but it just turned out to be APC. :crying: It sounded like APC but I wanted so badly for it to be tool that I must have convinced myself that it was. Anybody heard anything new? (Bump)

16. I love Tool as much as I love King Crimson. Personally, Tool should be opening up for Crimson. I'm not biased, in any way. I just think that the music would set up great highs for the audience. The transition would be completely amazing. Tool, Meshuggah, Crimson.
    Great show. Anything with Crimson = good show.