The Ramp

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tucker, Jan 13, 2005.

1. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    I have a quick question, where can I find the ramp and are they custom made for your bass? I've recently watched a DVD with Garrison, Herbie Hancock and Future2Future. I noticed he had the ramp between his pick-ups. But along with watching that, I've picked up his technique as well. (I've actually pick-up many techniques this way, I guess they come naturally) Reason for me saying that is for the following. Since I saw the DVD I can't seem to not play how he does. I've tried but its a much easier concept than finger style to me and more likely to excel DT in a roundabout way. But I can't seem to do it off the fretboard I can only do it when I'm right above the fretboard. How much would this cost and where can I find one. Does anyone have this on their bass and can anyone give their input on this technique maybe their is something I'm missing, pics, soundclips utilizing this method? Well I've just noticed its much easier playing above the fretboard than floating above the pick-ups with this technique.
  2. I don't know, but I bet you could make one yourself. Afterall, all it is only a piece of thin piece of wood that is shaped. It would probably be a fun project to make one. And you can customize it according to your liking and spacing between pickups.

I don't know how you'd fix it to your instrument. You could use double-face tape, in lieu of putting screws into the top.

Anyone have any suggestions?
  3. Peik

Dec 2, 2004
    I read somewhere that Gary Willis makes his own and that he says it is a breeze. I also saw some video on his web site where he plays with the ramp. Although that video was to show his righthand technic, check it out in any case.