The revolution is here ..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Sep 16, 2005.

1. I have a feeling this thing is going to cost more than a Segway (the thing where you lean and it goes forward)...not cool.

It does sound kind of neat...3 stacked CD cases, WI-FI, etc. But hopefully it won't flop like the Virtual Boy. Everyone remembe that? I still have one and I play Galactic Pinball every now and then. It hurts my eyes though.
  2. Only thing is with college, now I prefer consoles instead of computer games(less time consuming) ... but for 600 bucks (Xbox360) I can buy something much more usefull ...
  3. I like the idea, but won't buy an other console I think!
    Spent too much money on the cube!
  4. A BASS!!!:D
  5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I was talking with Wrong Robot about this and it definitely has huge potential. There are also going to be "regular" controllers for it. All this combined with Nintendo's goal of keepign it cheap and being able to play their past games going all the way back to the NES and for me you have a sure buy. I'm actually not too keen on the PS3 or Xbox 360 either. Newer graphics just doesn't do anything at all for me anymore. I'm getting old I guess. :p
  6. The article mentions gyroscopes. I'm more than willing to bet they use microaccelerometers in those controllers. Neat little microchips, them.
  7. Seems like there's only 2 easily-accesable buttons... I guess Nintendo likes to keep it simple. (and for the younger crowd) And to think I'm using 6 mouse buttons+ a scrollwheel in games, and most of the left side of my keyboard. :meh:
  8. This will be Nintendo's last home console.
  9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    *yawn* Mario Revolution, Zelda Revolution, Metroid Revolution...*yawn*
  10. I don't think so...not at all!
    They have plenty of money made by GBA and DS to cover an eventual failure of Revlution........
  11. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    "The wireless unit, using internal sensors, will translate your wrist and hand movements into onscreen actions."

AAAARRRGH. What is Nintendo doing, just seeing how many different ways they can fail to make a system fun to play?

Virtual Boy? Should not be used by children under the age of 7 or for more than 15 minutes at a time. Also only has 4 colors. Hope you like BRIGHT FREAKIN' RED.

Game Boy Advance? No backlit screen! Oh, 2 months later, here's one with a backlit screen, and a big BLEEP YOU to anyone who already bought a GBA from us! Now you get to pay us again, or play games on a horrible machine!

Gamecube? No CD or DVD playing capability, tiny controller. The best titles were repeats of earlier games, slightly improved.

DS? Lots of cool features and games, but the focal point of the device is a horrible gimmick.

And now, the Revolution.

No new titles. Oh, good. Mario and Zelda. AGAIN.

An absolutely HORRIBLE controller. Hey Nintendo, you may remember the last time you tried this idea of a controller you could move through space to do stuff. It was called the Powerglove, and no one used it. EVER.

Now you can repurchase titles you already own for just a few dollars from the Internet! Because we already know Nintnedo isn't going to be making anything new and original, you'll want to have SOMETHING to play on it.

I swear, I used to really like Nintendo, and I tried to like the GC and DS. I really did. But I can't keep liking the company when they keep releasing lame systems built on gimmicks.

Then again, maybe I should be thankful. Nintendo saves me a lot of money by releasing stuff I hate, so I feel no desire to buy it.
  12. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    if there aren't regular controllers, i'm not even going to consider buying it.

this last generation of consoles (save for the dreamcast and the gba) completely passed me by, and ...really, this is more or less just LAST GENERATION: PART II: THE SEQUEL.

13. I forgot all about that power glove thing. haha. :p
  14. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I was thinking about writing a little rant on this topic, but everything I had to say Only already have said. I predict this will be a new Virtual Boy (or Power Glove, or... Family Fun Fitness), i.e. a total failure. I hope I'm wrong, though.
  15. Didn't Freddy Krueger use one to kill someone?
  16. The funny thing is, a lot of kids that'll buy the Revolution will not ever know about the Virtual Boy, the Game Boy brick, the Power Glove, the SNES, the Super Game Boy, so on, so forth.
  17. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    To me, it's not about that, it's about the huge risk they're taking when pushing the envelope like this. It's something radically new, which could become a huge success, but might just as well become a total flop. It could absolutely be a great device, yes, but that doesn't mean it'll sell! Seems like a coin flip to me, between a huge hit and a big disappointment. They'll increase the odds if they get the marketing thing done right... which they haven't done in the last 10 years or so... :meh:

18. And yet they are still around ... I think they will survive a chance like this.