Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Schecter Bass Thread!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SGT. Pepper, Dec 26, 2005.

1. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    Got a Stletto Studio 5 here and love it! :bassist: :D

2. i have the same and i dig it as well.

I saw one of their set neck basses up close at a bar (Bufas) not long ago. I recognized it as soon as i walked in. asked the guy just to make sure it was a set neck and all. then i proceded to play pool and drink and use the bathroom :)

3. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I think the C5 is the best looking mass produced bass ever made, but the string spacing is so tight I probably won;t ever get one.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Schecter make some fine looking basses, but that's my gripe too. The 5 and 6 stringers are too tight. Pity.

5. I think i'll spend my FEMA money on a custom schecter and get one that looks just like that prince monstrosity...........

or not

they started putting out those exotic top basses, but i've never seen one up close or heard one.

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    The string spacing on my Schecter elite 5 is perfect for me. That's the reason I got rid of my Lakland (too wide) after 2 weeks and kept looking.

7. avenger86

avenger86

Dec 23, 2004
    I have a Schecter custom shop USA Jazz bass....I would post pics...but they are on my dorm computer...so I can't access them for another 2 weeks....

8. bal704

bal704 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2004
    In the Great Southwest
    I have a C5. Absolutely beautiful. It is a very nice playing bass. I have small hands, and don't slap, so the string spacing is perfect for me.

If I ever get another 5 string (and I will :) ), it's only an indulgence. The C5 practically plays itself.

9. I think the string spacing is just fine for slapping, but that might be why my knuckles are bleeding all the time :meh:

10. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Can you post some photos? I'd love to see some personal photos of it, the schecter website photos just don't do it justice

11. Got a Elite 4 and a Deleo meself. Man talk about two completely diferent beasts! The Elite's Light weight and skinny-necked, while the Deleo is heavy(it's an early ash bodied one) with a big ol' pbass style neck. Wouldn't trade either of 'em for much of anything. There both great looking and in their own particular way very fun to play.

Bob

12. i really really like the C4 bass, and for only 500 bucks its a great buy i think. but everytime i got to the store to pick one up, i wind up leaving with something else i didnt think i would buy. the last time i walked in guitar center with intentions off getting a c4 i walked out with a stingray haha, but one day i will get the C4, i love that bass for some reason.

13. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

I snagged a Model-T a few months ago, liked it enough to hunt down an "official" DeLeo sig with EMG's. Great bang/buck ratio.

14. bal704

bal704 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2004
    In the Great Southwest
    Here's a pic....

Attached Files:

15. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    Ibanez and Deans are tighter.

16. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    The C-5 is a pretty bass. I originally wanted one but I would have had to order one. I think that will be my next axe. { Now what did I say about more than three basses is too many in a previous post?}

17. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I have a Stiletto Elite 4 in honeyburst I bought from Mudflaps here on TB.

It is a great bass. I love the neck and the string spacing. My only gripe is the weight. Its just a little heavy for my taste. Other than that, it is just about perfect. :)

18. pogipoints

pogipoints Custom User Title Holder

Dec 5, 2005
    Atlanta
    [​IMG]

My Schecter Trad B/5, been with me quite a while, 10 years now... It's still one of the best playing & sounding basses I've ever played. :bassist:

The new (Korean?) Schecters play great, but the pickups/elec could use a swap. If only they'd come out with a mass-produced model that has passive Monstertone pickups... I wouldn't have changed mine had they not gone microphonic. :crying:

They've always had tight spacing on their 5 string basses.

19. Here's some of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Does anyone here have a Hellcat? I always thought those basses looked really cool.