1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The tough decision of deciding on a preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Metaldood19, Jan 4, 2012.

1. I'll be getting bart mk6cbcs soon and am thinking of getting an ntmb 3 band for my onboard pre, but, before I drop all that money I want some final thoughts as to any others I should consider. I mainly have either an obp3 or a glockenlang 3 band. Any thoughts? I've always heard that bart pickups should always run a bart pre but this will be the first time I've ever upgraded a bass before and have no past experience of what works and what doesn't

thanks

2. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I'm not a huge fan of the Glockenlang because I don't see the point in a treble frequency above 15k for a bass. I have the OBP-3 in almost all of my basses, and love it. If you're a person that does rather extreme boosting and cutting, I might recommend setting it up with 18V.

3. You know I've actually contemplated running my preamp hot to see how different it is. What are the benefits of it?