Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

These basses are fantastic!

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Ashley Long, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Ashley Long

Ashley Long

Jan 3, 2004
    Hey there,

Those in the UK who are looking for a EUB should try these: www.bespokebasses.com

I have had mine for well over a year now and I can safely say that it is the best EUB I have played. It is double bass scale length and I have mine strung with pirastro flexocor strings and they work really well for arco and pizz as well as the many preparations I use. My bass has such an authentic double bass sound, you probably would not be able to tell the difference. Im very happy with mine, I thought I would share that with you should anyone out there be looking for a EUB.

2. Ashley Long

Ashley Long

Jan 3, 2004
    Lol, chalk one up for the stupid brit! :rollno: Foot in mouth situation there. Sorry guys. Silly me, it is indeed www.bespokebasses.co.uk :bawl:

3. Somehow I had run up on the Bespoke before your post, maybe a mention on your homepage, or profile. Anyway, being a UK sort of fellow, could you keep your eye out for one of these Starfish Orca EUB's and see if you can compare it to the Bespoke? I really like both designs. These seem more similar to each other conceptually, but different from the majority of EUB's.

If you come upon another player with one or other situation, see if you can take it for a spin and give us report. Thanks in advance.

4. Ashley Long

Ashley Long

Jan 3, 2004