this guy is amazing

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jessewill, Apr 16, 2004.

1. jessewill

Feb 15, 2004
    for anyone who enjoys incredible bass playing, you have to check out robert randolph and the family band, especially "ted's jam". i would love to hear from people who feel the same way about this guy. mind blowing.....
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Yup, RRFB is an amazing band. Danyel Morgan definately rips it up for them.
  3. sambass

Apr 15, 2003
    Totally Sick Band, totally wicked sick bad ass bass player. Cant wait to see em at the 'Roo
  4. Awesome band. The bass player's voice is incredibly high. I thought it was a girl before I saw a video of them. I might be seeing them with Dave Matthews Band this summer :D
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    He's a great muso, period! Huge fan here.
  6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    If you notice....most of RRFB's songs are based around the basslines....Hmmmm :cool:
  7. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    i downloaded a song, sounds pretty good !
  8. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I have the band's "Live At Wetland" EP.

Good groovin' stuff.
  9. Bass of Galt

Bass of Galt Guest

Mar 25, 2004
    Scrotillia Falls
    Robert Randolf & FB is playing a free show in San Fran on May 22 at piers 30/32 :D
  10. Robert and the Family band are also opening for Eric Clapton in Europe and the US over the summer
  11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, I really dig 'em. They are really nice when I want something more uplifiting as opposed to a majority of my music. Really solid bass grooves, a really unique sound.

I really like Robs quote in matt chew's sig!
  12. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Awesome band! I'm definitely going to buy the cd.
  13. Thats not even the full quote, i couldint get the whole thing in due to the 200 character limit.

If you think their CD is amazing, you should hear them live. They play with so much energy and really are different from most bands out today.

The band allows taping of the concerts, so almost all of their shows can be downloaded from here . The files are large, but are defenetly worth downloading.
  14. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Damn, I missed them! I saw eric Clapton last week, but I missed the opening band due to traffic jams..If I knew they had such a great bassplayer I would have made a bigger effort to see them...bloody shame...Eric was good too though