1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Those Ibanez Promethean amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greyfoxxero, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Greyfoxxero

Greyfoxxero

Jan 30, 2010
    Picked up the 15 inch 300 watt combo and so far its a very good lightweight class D type combo. There isn't much info on these amps so I'm curious how others who have owned them feel about them.

2. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    I have a P300H and am ok with it. It matches the oomph of my shuttle 3.0. The tone is sufficient, and the limiter works alright at keeping away the not-so-pretty overdrive. I keep the "phat" below noon, and the mid above 1:00 mostly. The bass I also roll off, 10:30-11:00. I get close enough to what I get and like from my Genz Benz.

Not bad sounding amps IME although a little dark when run with '"noon-ish" tone controls.

3. fermata

fermata

Nov 10, 2015
    Mountain West
    I have the P3110. I like it a lot--I can use it for home practice on up, adding a cab when needed (which really opens up the sound) or running a DI to a PA. (The DI is pre-EQ, I just learned, which is good.) Plus, it's light (if that's all I'm using for a gig, it's a one-trip load-in), and it sounds nice: clean but warm (my friend with a 215 SVT is even impressed). In a perfect world, they'd do away with the Phat control (it's just a mid-scoop/bass & treble boost) and have Bass, Low Mid, High Mid, and Treble controls, which is what's on the little 20 W version...why that's not on the gigable Promethean amps is beyond me. (And I wish they hadn't discontinued the matching 110 cab for the P3110.) But all in all, it's a well designed, good sounding, useful amp, and it's very reasonably priced.