Thoughts on carbow?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Ekol, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Ekol

Ekol

Dec 24, 2014
    Hi, i am planning to buy a new bow. I have been emailing with the owner of carbow and he will kindly send me two bows to try even though i live in the other side of europe.. (Im VERY excited!) What are your thoughts on carbow bows? Have anyone tried them? How do they compare to for example the metropolitian bow?

Thank you in advance.

2. icanjam

icanjam

Dec 8, 2013
    Manitowoc, WI
    I play a carbow, I like it because it pulls a really clear, bright tone. It's one of the lightest bows I've ever used. Really good control with it too from frog to tip, it almost feels like it's longer than other bows because it has a bigger "sweet spot" I guess I'd call it. The only thing I don't like is that I think mine has a bit to much bounce on the string. I'm taking it in for its first rehair next week, I think that the hair may have stretched a bit and is now too long so we'll see if it'll help. It's nothing that i can't live with though.

3. Ekol

Ekol

Dec 24, 2014
    That sounds positive! It will be interesting to try both the the cheapest ebony model and the brown stick model, and be able to compare them. I'm just a little unsure about spending 1250€ on a carbon bow as the more expensive brown costs. Mabe a wooden bow would be better in this pricerange? I'll just have to wait and try it out. Maybe i will be suprised in a good way!