1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tip to get a cheap new Aguilar GS112 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by otto B, Apr 23, 2009.

1. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    This is for any one interested in getting a Aguilar Bass Cab. I found a store in the internet that sales this Cab cheaper. For example:
    The Aguilar GS112- they run for $499.00 at any store but in this store they run for $396.75
    The Aguilar GS112NT they run for $449.00 at any store but in this store they run for $351.75

you can even get it cheaper because Guitar center has the price match and also give you an extra 10% off. I know it works because I just got a Aguilar GS112NT from guitar center for $331

Their page is www.azmusicpro.com

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    wow! are these cabs as good as they say?

3. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    This is my first time trying the Aguilar Cab. but I did a research and everyone gave the Cab a high rating and excellent comments, so I took my chances and I bought it.

4. naturalkinds

naturalkinds

Jan 22, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    This works folks. Just got a GS112 shipped from GC for $371 with taxes included, and this includes a $50 off deal running until tomorrow (Sunday).

5. spigmu

spigmu

Mar 25, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    There's only one kind of internet sales site whose home page url ends in "retailer/store_templates/shell_id".

Just sayin'.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I seem to recall having bought from them in the past, but I can't remember for sure. Seen 'em around for years, though.

7. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Sorry - I don't follow this. Can you clarify?

8. slyjoe

slyjoe Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Valley of the Sun (AZ)
    When you click on the link in the OP, the address in your browser (the home page of the store) has this text after the address, along with the store ID.

I'm not sure what the point is either.

9. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Yeah, I figured out what he was referring to, but I just can't see what inference he's making from that.

10. spigmu

spigmu

Mar 25, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sorry to be so obtuse. They're a real Arizona dealer. Just that it's a little funny when a retailer uses a site template and then doesn't remove the words "retail template shell id" from the home page url. It's just goofy nitpicking, I really didn't mean it as a legit criticism. It's just kind of cheesy to use a template for a site, or to not remove those words from the home page url if you do. (If you hire a programmer to create your site and see those words in a url you should get your money back).

But it looks like a generic web service, from the "store id" in the long address, so it's from the service they use to run the site, I'm guessing.

Dumb remark. I'm just keyed into that stuff from my work. It was the caffeine talking. They seem to be a totally fine place to do business with. Sorry for the ill mannered judgment. :oops:

11. Supertanker

Supertanker Watch the dog! He is trained to bite!

Jun 23, 2005
    CinCinNati
    They still have all the S cabs in stock.

Though they are twice the price they should be...

12. pbassswr

pbassswr

Sep 6, 2009
    I purchased one of these great Aguilar GS 112NT cabs last week from Guitar Center online. They matched the Arizona Music Pro price and gave me an additional 10% off of the difference so I paid $341.02 AND got FREE shipping!

Just checked Az Music Pro website tonight and they no longer show the Aguilar line so that sweet deal seems to be over because Guitar Center goes online to confirm the price match.

I'm glad I saw this thread a few weeks ago and took advantage of the deal while it still lasted. Thanks for posting this originally!