to connect TBIBT Equalizer Bartolini

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by arp, Feb 12, 2006.

1. arp

Feb 6, 2006
    Can you help me to connect TBIBT Equalizer Bartolini.
    I have TBIBT Equalizer Bartolini and 2 Bartolini Bass Humb but can't connect this!!! ))
    If you have TBIBT Bartolini wiring diagram send me please! Or tell me info of connecting.

I hope you help me.

Best regards!!!
  2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Have you tried Bartolini direct from their web site? They may be able to help you.
  3. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

That is the predicessor to the NTBT as was the TCT to the NTMB. Go to the bart site under installation instructions and pull up TCT, the wiring scheme should look familiar less the mid lead. Take a piece of cardboarrd and punch out holes for your pots and mount the pre to it with a jack/battery clip and run pups to the leads - any pups, doesn't matter. Wire it up best bestguess, plug it into the amp on low volume and fire it up. Tap on the pups to see if you get any signal from either. If not, try another scheme till you get it right then intall it in the bass. You can verify each control is doing what it's supposed to this way.

As long as you keep the volume low you're not going to damage anything. Probaly wouldn't damage anything anyway but you may scare the hell out of youself with volume up.

You can also email whoever you bought it from, they should know something.

Had plenty of TCT's but not the 2 bands.
  4. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Actually the TBIBT is an NTBT with buffered blend control. It came after.
  5. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

Guess it was the TBT/XTBT that was the earlier model.

An even better scenario cause there's diagrams for the NTBT and if they don't list a buffer one can look through their other diagrams till a buffers found and maybe use that as a basis.

I recieved a buffer in a Bart pre that came out of a Tobias one time and it distorted till I narrowed it down to the buffer. Chucked the buffer and the pre worked fine. That buffer's still laying around here somewhere but the pre is long gone.

Thanks for the correction Moo.
  6. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

Just so happens there's one on ebay right now under "bass preamps." Looks 95% complete. Not a quality pic but you might be able to get him to ship you the pic which you could blow-up for the detail you need (especially if he thinks you're interested in bidding on it). He may have other pics too or be willing to take some.