Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

To the Stingray Fans ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IotaNet, Jan 28, 2006.

1. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

I have to say up front that I have not yet been bitten by the Stingray bug yet.

I know from experience that the EBMM products are impeccably made and the customer service is outstanding (I have a Bongo.) Somehow though, I simply haven't been touched by the 'Ray Angel yet.

All that said, this is one of the most beautiful basses I have ever seen!!! :eek:

[​IMG]

I normally don't even like white pearloid pickguards but there is something about the combination of the finish, the pickguard, the white pickup cover, and the maple fingerboard that is WORKING for me.

Mercy, that's pretty!!!

(Jack, I don't want to hear ANY "I told you so's" either! :scowl: )

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    The white with Maple is one Classy look. That's amazing.

-Mark

3. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    About what? Did someone mention my name?

That really is a beautiful SR5.

4. Fawkes007

Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    You know...I gotta admit that I am not a big fan of white...but - what you said - guard, cover, finish, board all works incredibly well together. That is a sweet looking bass.

You really should have a StingRay. If I could only have one bass, it would be a StingRay. In fact, right now, I have only one bass, and it is a StingRay.

I really want to check out an HH Sterling...

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    My Rays get the most thump time among my basses. Love em. Got two, begging for a third.

6. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    There is the righty twin to that one on ebay right now that is very drool worthy. That's just a classy, beautiful looking bass.

7. Awesome bass, that really is seriously hot.

Buy it. Once you've bitten the bug, you can never go back.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yup, except with a normal white pickguard. Beautiful bass.

9. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I dig it.

How come you don't get any stupid cracks about it being backwards like I always do when I post a pic? :confused:

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    hes better at being lefty inconspicuously? Who knows.

11. Reminds me of a Cadillac - just freakin' elegant. The look of my SR5 has grown on me over the past year and a half but when I consider its styling I'm still not really digging the shape and size of the pickguard or the even roundness of the bottom of the body (I really dig the offset bottom of Jazz basses). I happen to be way too critical of the styling of instruments, cars, and some other things. In any event, good thing IT SOUNDS SO FREAKIN' SWEET!

12. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That white SR5 is a looker. It's making me miss my old baby.:bawl:

13. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I hear it's even worse if the bug bites you.

14. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    white on white mm's are some of my faves. imo, they are some of the best looking basses around.

15. steve21

steve21 Banned

Give it three things and it's the perfect Stingray (for me).

1) Righty
    2) Neck 'bucker
    3) Matching headstock.

That my friends is the hottest thing EBMM could ever make.

16. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Here's a pic of my White SR5(I ot it brand new in June of 92).this is one of my favorite Basses and it's the first 5 string I've ever owned.I have no plans to ever get rid of this bass.I took the original PG off and had the Clear one made.

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Unfortunately that wouldnt be possible since the HH Sr5's dont come with white pickup covers, only black, but besides that its do able.

18. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    This bass looks so ... jaded and storied. So .... punk rock if you will. I like it.

19. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

Thanks,like I said I really dig that Bass and it is Funky.the neck and Fb is birds eye Maple.

I'm seriously thinking about getting one of the new MM HS but I'm torn between a Sterling or a SR%

20. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    For the MM fans here's a pic of my all original Jan 79 SR(I also own two all original 78's.

I take the PG's off of my Basses.