toaster or toaster over?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Briguy, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Briguy

Feb 14, 2005
    I had a bagel with cream cheese last night, first time ever having cream cheese on a bagel. Now Im debating whether to buy a toaster or a toaster over to make them. Ive used toasters in the past and but not much experience with a toaster over. They have one at the chow hall but its slow and doesnt toast evenly on both sides, is this typical of most toaster ovens or just a crappy one.
  2. We actually have a toaster and a toaster oven in my house, since the toaster oven was a 'gift'. :p

As for which one I prefer? Personally, I like the toaster oven more.. I don't find one side is more or less cooked than the other and its nice because you have more options of what to cook in it, where-as a toaster is mainly bread and bagels.. so to answer your question, that secondrate toaster oven you used shouldn't leave bad impressions with you :ninja:

My vote goes to toaster oven.
  3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

I have a nice Dualit toaster that has wide slots for bagels and does a wonderful job.

If I want to toast something more than bread products...that's why I have an oven with a broil setting.

Besides, Unless you have unlimited counter space, a toaster oven is just another poorly designed appliance to add to the clutter the more important appliances, the coffee maker, bean grinder, Waring blender, etc.
  4. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    TOASTED! Oh wait....

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

I also use the broiler feature on our oven for items that won't fit in the toaster.

6. +1. I'll use the toaster oven if there's more to toast than just one bagle at a time, but I find the toaster oven takes quite a long time to toast something, compared to the toaster. Takes longer to heat up, and then the bagle/bread/whatever is farther from the elements than in a toaster. My vote: Get a toaster with the wide slots.

..Mmmm...creamcheese.... Good choice. ;)

(P.S. Had a heck of a time trying not to spell it "over" instead of oven. I feel for ya, man! Fingers just didn't want to go where they're supposed to. Stupid Fingers!) :D
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ask Toasted. He's the expert.

brad cook
  8. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    Toaster Oven. I can cook stuff with it. Marinate some chicken and toss it in there. Can't do that on a toaster.
  9. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Aslong as it's Toasted then it's all good by me.
  10. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Biuld a fire in a kitchen... it works wonders for the taste...
  11. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    I must say toaster oven.