1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tonestyler Users - Numbered Tone Knob?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by squish, Aug 10, 2016.

1. squish

squish Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Atl
    I installed a Tonestyler Bass Eleven on my P-Bass and have been enjoying the ability to have tone presets. In live settings I'm getting a bit lost when having to count the detents between songs. I have some Gibson-style numbered speed knobs to install and was wondering if anyone else had tried the same thing.

2. I have a Tonestyler in one guitar. I use a chicken head knob. I know my usual settings by which way it's pointing.

3. squish

squish Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Atl
    I installed the numbered speed knobs with pointers and everything lines up right. I have a color theme going (which might not be for everyone) but since I'm modding this bass like crazy, it's functionality and asthetic meets my needs and tastes. I'll post some pics when I get a minute.

4. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    I have a Tonestyler in one bass - pretty cool. I adjust it by ear - click till it sounds right at that moment and circumstance.

aaronious likes this.
  5. addicted

addicted

May 23, 2012
    Does this work on a P-J bass as well? I have a P-J bass with Volume pot, Tone pot, and Pickup Selector switch. I've been wanting to wire it to Volume/Tone stacked pot + Pickup selector + Tonestyler pot arrangement.

6. squish

squish Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Atl
    B702A425-5CF8-4DB7-882D-01B030EF6FBE_zpsldpmq5mh.

7. squish

squish Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Atl
    You can definitely use these with different p/u configurations. The instructions are very specific.